Starting an online information-based business can be a great way to make money and have an impact on your community. But with so many different facets, where do you even begin?
In this blog post, we'll discuss the steps required to launch an online information based business as well as all the different offers that can be created such as video tutorials, online courses, e-books, webinars, articles & blog posts, membership sites, group coaching sessions, live coaching sessions and paid podcasts.
1. Choose a Niche or Market – First things first, you need to decide what type of information your business will provide and understand the needs, wants, and desires of those in that market. This will help you tailor your content and services to meet the specific needs of your target audience.
If you are having a hard time knowing your ideal audience or niche, grab my Nail Your Niche workshop and get some clarity around who you can help and how you can help them (plus know the most profitable niches).
2. Create Offers - Once you’ve identified your market and its needs, it’s time to develop materials such as blog posts, e-books, white papers recorded webinars or create an online course etc., tailored to meet the needs of that target market.
3. Brand Your Business – Use a unique name and logo that is distinct from any competitors in the space to ensure a memorable presence online for potential customers or clients.
4. Establish Your Platform - Identify platforms such as social media networks that can help you spread your message across each channel effectively and efficiently for maximum exposure or access since people tend to use multiple channels when looking for information.
5. Set Up Payment Processing – Decide on a payment processor (ex: PayPal), create accounts, connect it to your website and set up transactions for customers to purchase products or services quickly and securely
6. Promote Your Business - Devote time into creating an effective marketing strategy for promoting your business online through organic traffic building methods such as SEO tactics or paid advertising techniques like Google Adwords or Facebook Ads so more people can be exposed to what you offer
Different Types Of Offers You Can Create-
• Video Tutorials – Provide in-depth instruction and guidance on a particular subject by creating video tutorials which offer step-by-step instructions
• Online Courses - Leverage your knowledge to create an interactive learning experience for anybody looking to learn a new skill or enhance their current knowledge base
• E-books – Write extensive guide about a certain topic filled with relevant information and content
• Webinars – Communicate ideas & insights directly with target audience through live or prerecorded webinars
• Articles & Blog Posts– Publish pieces related directly related to chosen niche market which will attract more readers interested in that subject matter
• Membership Sites – Offer exclusive tools & content members who sign up for access in exchange for fees
• Group Coaching Sessions - Lead small groups through seminars utilizing specialized methods/techniques for achieving desired goals/outcomes
• Live Coaching Sessions – Have one-on one conversations with individuals providing feedback/evaluations tailored specifically towards their stated objectives
• Paid Podcasts – Record audio based shows offering insights on topics relevant within chosen niche market
What kind of software should I use to create online offers?
There are numerous course creation software apps available to help you create an online learning experience. Some of the most popular options include Kajabi, Teachable, Thinkific, and Ruzuku. Each platform offers different features and capabilities giving users the ability to customize how the course is created and delivered. Depending on your needs and objectives, there is a course creation software that has the perfect set of features for your project.
My personal recommendation goes to Kajabi because of its commitment to providing and all in one solution for those who want to monetize their knowledge online.
Kajabi is a great course creation tool for online information-based businesses. It offers everything from templates and drag & drop tools, to custom themes and branding capabilities. With Kajabi you can create a wide range of offers such as video tutorials, online courses, e-books, webinars, articles & blog posts, membership sites, group coaching sessions, live coaching sessions and paid podcasts. However you choose to develop your content or structure your offer or service, Kajabi provides the flexibility and options needed in order to reach success with your business model.
Click here for a free 30 day Kajabi trial (you'll get 30 days instead of the normal 14 days. Challenge yourself to create and launch your information based offer and use the money to pay for a year of using the app!